What is SSC?
SSC or Staff Selection Commission is an Indian organization to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personal and Training which consists of Chairman, two members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations.
What are the posts and their subsequent pay grade for which SSC conducts examinations?
The SSC conducts open examinations regularly for posts for which large number of vacancies exist, these are : Graduate Level- Assistants, Auditors/ Jr. Accountants/ Upper Division Clerks, Divisional Accountants, Inspectors of Income Tax/Central Excise, Sub-Inspectors in Central Police Organizations (CRPF, BSF, CISF, ITBP and SSB) and the CBI, Section Officer (Commercial) and Section Officer (Audit). Metric Level- Stenographer Grade `C`, Stenographer Grade `D`, and Lower Division Clerks
Direct interviews are held for isolated posts, called Selection Posts, after inviting applications through advertisements, as and when such vacancies are reported to the Commission. Some of those posts include Statistical Assistant, Store Keepers, Jr/Sr. Computers, Information Assistant, etc.
For detailed information about the various available posts and their corresponding pay grade check out our presentation on SSC recruitment here
What is the scheme of examinations conducted by SSC?
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined (Graduate Level) Examinations every year for various posts, qualification for which is graduation, and Combined Matric Level Examination for posts requiring matriculation or High School graduation. Those candidates who qualify in the prelims (Tier I) are required to appear for the Mains (Tier II). Candidates qualifying in the mains have to appear for an Interview or Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Those qualifying in the Matric Level Main Exam are required to pass a skill test (typing or stenography). Some exams such as the Section Officers, Investigators etc, are held separately and no prelims are held for them.
What is the syllabus for the SSC CGL-1 examination?
- Tier I exam consists of 4 parts – 1. General Intelligence and Reasoning, 2. General Awareness 3. Numerical Aptitude 4. English Comprehension.
- Tier II exam consists of 3 papers – 1. Arithmetic Ablity 2. English Language and Comprehension and 3. Statistics (for certain posts)
For detailed syllabus check out our slideshare presentation here
Our interactive online courses cover the complete SSC examination syllabus with detailed study material, practice questions and mock tests for all sections.
What are the eligibility criteria for SSC CGL-1 examination 2018 ?
- Age limit
- for Inspector of IT, CE, Examiner, Posts, CBN, Compiler, Divisional Accountant, Auditors, UDC, Preventive Officer, Assistant Enforcement Officer, Tax Assistants, Junior Accountants, SI CBN - 18 to 27 years
- for statistical investigator – 26 years
- for CBI Assistant and SI in CBI – 20 to 27 years
- Educational Qualification - Graduation form a recognized university
- Special Educational Qualifications required for special posts
- Compiler: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
- Statistical Investigator: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level: OR Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
What are the age relaxations offered?
For details about permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per Government orders as well as category-codes for claiming age relaxation as on the date of reckoning , check out our slide share presentation on SSC CGL-1 2016 here
What are the important dates for SSC CGL-1 2018?
Online registration process will commence from Feb 2018
Last date to apply - Mid of April 2018
SSC CGL tier -1 Exam Date - May, June 2018
SSC CGL tier -1 admit card Download Date : May 2018
SSC CGL tier -1 Result Announcing Date : August 2018
SSC CGL tier -2 Exam Date : September 2018
SSC CGL tier -2 admit card Download Date : August 2018
SSC CGL tier -2 result announcement Date : October 2018
SSC CGL tier -3 Examination Date : November 2018
What is the examination Application fee SSC Cgl 2018 ?
Aspirants who belong to general Category have to pay application fee of Rs 100/-
Who are exempted from the payment of examination fees?
There is no fee is for female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates