SSC CGL TIER 1 SYLLABUS
This post will familiarize you with the SSC CGL syllabus for Tier 1 examination.
SSC CGL TIER 1 SYLLABUS
1. General Intelligence and Reasoning
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on :-
- similarities and differences
- space visualization and spatial orientation,
- problem solving, analysis and judgment.
- Also includes decision making and discrimination
- visual memory and observation
- relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figure classification,
- arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc
The topics are :-
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy and Figure Analogy
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, and Figure Classification,
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figure Series
- Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams.
- Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern -folding & un-folding
- Figure Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching
- Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
2. General Awareness
- Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
3. Quantitative Aptitude
The questions will be designed to test the numerical aptitude of the candidate as well as their ability to use numbers appropriately.
- The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage.
- Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation,
- Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- It will also include Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallel piped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
4. English Comprehension
- Through this section, a candidate’s ability to understand and correct English etc. would be tested.
Questions on Fill in the Blanks, Idioms & Phrases, Jumbled sentences (ordering), One word substitution. Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/Detecting Misspelt words, Common errors, sentence improvement, Passage, Cloze test are asked.