SSC CGL 2016 Recruitment: Exam POSTPONED
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise Many of you would be happy and many will be sad to learn that the SSC CGL 2016 exam has been postponed.
The Staff Selection Commission, Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL 2016) recruitment exam which was to be conducted on 8th and 22nd May 2016 is postponed now. The exam is will now be conducted in the month of August.
Actual dates have not been announced. We will let you know as soon as actual dates are released.
What all has changed?
- It is possible that both exams might be conducted online. This would be a first for SSC. Do note that even last year SSC was trying to move online as we had let candidates know. Whatever is the decision, as soon as the pattern is officially decided, we will let you guys know!
2. It is possible that SSC CGL Tier I exam might be qualifying in nature – this would mean that the scores for Tier I exam would not count towards your final score. This is similar to what IBPS did. If this happens, do note that the entire exam pattern might change (as happened with IBPS)
3, Some of you were already planning for this change in the exam pattern as was very clear based on the official notification (screenshot below). Nevertheless, don’t worry and be happy – just focus on the task at hand and don’t worry about other things
What we don’t know
- Dates of the exam
- Pattern of the exam
- Marking Scheme of the exam
- Whether Tier I will be a qualifying exam?
- Whether the exam will be CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Whether there will be sectional cutoffs
Answers to all these questions will be available shortly so don’t worry and just keep working hard on the exam at hand!
What should you do now?
There is no need to worry! As we at Studycopter have always suggested to build upon your strengths, prepare at concept level, and not just attempt hundreds of Mock Tests without getting to the bottom of the core issues that are troubling you. This would mean that till there is clarity from SSC, you should continue preparing your concepts through our Study Material and Practice Questions. Now you have lots and lots of time to prepare and you need not give excuses for not doing well in August.
Expert Tip: To learn more about how to do well on SSC, start reviewing Studycopter’s SSC Study Material and pay special attention to topics that are important for SSC. If you have been preparing for bank exams, do note that General Awareness (Static GK including Science, History etc.) is very important for the exam. You should then move to the practice exercises. We will be updating the mock tests as soon as there is clarity on what is happening.
As always, best of luck from all of us at Studycopter!