News Updates and Current Affairs 7 July
8 Key News Updates – Current Affairs 7 July 2015
1. Uttar Pradesh first to have vehicle tracking system
Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) has become the first State transport corporation to have a vehicle tracking system for inter-city buses, which has led to a reduction in accidents and deaths as drivers are wary of crossing the speed limits.
2. Tata Teleservices appoints Anuraag Srivastava as CFO
Tata Teleservices Ltd on Monday announced the appointment of Anuraag Srivastava as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Earlier, he had served at Indus Towers as senior vice president of internal audit and assurance. Before that, he has held significant positions at Future Axiom Telecom Ltd and GlaxoSmithkline.
3. Corporation Bank became the 1st bank in the country to launch MUDRA Card under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana scheme. The bank launched the scheme on 04th July 2015. READ MORE
4. United States of America won FIFA Women’s Football World Cup 2015 on 05th July 2015 after defeating Japan while England obtained the 3rd position after defeating Germany. READ MORE
5. Lewis Hamilton of Britain won British F1 Grand Prix on 05th July 2015 after defeating Nico Rosberg of Germany. READ MORE
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream project Digital India now has a brand ambassador. Kruti Tiwari, a IIT-JEE topper from Indore was handpicked by the Prime Minister himself and she will be associated with the campaign for the next one year. READ MORE
7. India won The South Asian Basketball Championship on 05th July 2015 after defeating Sri Lanka. The final match was played in Bengaluru, Karnata. India qualified for FIBA Asia Championship which will happen in September 2015. READ MORE
8. Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, founder and chairperson of BRAC (formerly known as Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee), has been chosen as the 2015 World Food Prize Laureate. READ MORE
For more current affair updates from the month of July click on the following links