News Updates and Current Affairs 4 July
10 Key News Updates – Current Affairs 4 July 2015
1. 4 Indian-Americans honoured with Great Immigrants award 2015 in the US
- Preet Bharara: US Attorney, Southern District of New York.
- Rakesh Khurana: Dean of Harvard College and Marvin Bower Professor of Leadership and Development.
- Madhulika Sikka: Vice President and Executive Editor of .Mic.
- Abraham Verghese: Physician, Professor and Author.
2. President releases ‘Uniki’, written by C.H. Vidyasagar Rao
The book titled as ‘Uniki’ written by C.H. Vidyasagar Rao, released on 03rd July 2015. C.H. Vidyasagar Rao is the Governor of the State of Maharashtra. Read More
3. Manipur lifts ban on liquor
The State of Manipur lifted the ban on manufacture and sale of liquor on 01st July 2015 as proposed by Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh. Read More
4. MNP re-launched in India
Mobile Number Portability re-started on 03rd July 2015 in India as announced by Rakesh Garg, Chairman, Telecom Commission and Secretary, Department of Telecommunication. Read More
5. Airbus, Mahindra Group ink MoU to produce Helicopters in India
Mahindra Defence Systems Limited, a subsidiary of Mahindra Group and Airbus Helicopter have inked pact to form a joint venture (JV) company to produce helicopters in India. In this regard, both entities have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a joint venture. The tie-up will bid for defence contracts in India under the Union government’s flagship ‘Make in India’ programme. It will also help to develop an indigenous industrial ecosystem dedicated to helicopters especially for defence purpose. Read More
6. ‘Tatkal’ project launched by State Bank of India
‘Tatkal’ project launched by State Bank of India on 03rd July 2015 with the aim to provide doorstep services to its consumers and expedite Home Loan application process. Read More
7. Guinness Book Recognises Madhya Pradesh’s World Record in Washing Hands
The Guinness Book of World Records has recognised a record created in Madhya Pradesh on ‘World Hand washing Day’ in 2014. The mega hand washing event was held on 15 October 2014 to create awareness about hygiene by washing hands with soap. It was organised in all the 51 districts of Madhya Pradesh in over 13 thousand places. In it more than 12 lakh 78 thousand students had washed their hand simultaneously. Read More
8. C Ramakrishnan appointed as Group CFO of Tata Motors Limited
India’s biggest auto maker, Tata Motors Limited has appointed Chandrasekaran Ramakrishnan as chief financial officer (CFO) of its automobile group. He will have tenure of two years and the CFOs of all Tata Motors subsidiaries like Jaguar Land Rover, Daewoo etc. henceforth will report to him. Read More
9. Indian-American professor R Paul Singh named for 2015 World Agriculture Prize laureate
R Paul Singh, Indian-American professor has been selected for 2015 World Agriculture Prize laureate. The award was announced at the annual Global Confederation for Higher Education Associations for Agriculture and Life Sciences (GCHERA) conference held at the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon. Read More