News Updates and Current Affairs 23 June
5 Key News Updates – Current Affairs 23 June 2015
1. India sets two Guinness world records on International Yoga Day
India has set two Guinness world records (GWR) in Rajpath yoga event held on the eve of first International Yoga Day led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. First record is the largest number of participants- 35,985 people had participated in largest yoga demonstration at a single venue i.e. Rajpath yoga event. Second is the most number of nationalities at a single event– People of 84 nationalities performed yoga at one place.
2. Former Indian women hockey captain Shashi Bala killed in road accident
Former Indian women hockey team captain, Shashi Bala, was among the three persons killed in a car accident on Sunday near Kahma village here.
3. On 21st June 2015, history was made as Bangladesh defeated India to win the ODI series. Earlier, Bangladesh won the series against Pakistan and Zimbabwe. READ MORE
4. . Roger Federer showed he was ready for Wimbledon by defeating Andreas Seppi of Italy, 7-6 (1), 6-4, on Sunday in Halle, Germany, to claim his record-setting eighth Gerry Weber Open title. READ MORE
5. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the Austrian Grand Prix Formula One (F1) World Championship title. It is Rosberg’s eleventh overall championship title and the third win in the 2015 season. READ MORE