News Updates and Current Affairs 2 July
7 Key News Updates – Current Affairs 2 July 2015
1. SBI partners with MakeMyTrip
In its series of digital initiatives and tie-ups, State Bank of India, country’s largest bank, partnered with online travel company MakeMyTrip.com to capitalise on the business opportunities of the booming e-commerce and m-commerce ecosystem.
The alliance includes partnership with personal banking unit for consumer facing propositions.
2. Integrated Security System inaugurated in Mumbai
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on monday inaugurated the Integrated Security System (ISS) installed with a total cost Rs. 21.72 crore at four railway stations in the metropolis comprising CST, Dadar, Kurla and LTT. The ISS is aimed at improving security on Railway premises, ensuring safety of the people and averting terror attacks.
3. State-owned power equipment maker Bhel today said it has commissioned Sudan’s largest power plant. Bhel has executed this project on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) basis. READ MORE
4. Matti Makkonen, known as the father of SMS after developing the idea of sending messages via mobile networks, has died. Makkonen, a Finnish national, passed away at the age of 63 following serious illness. READ MORE
5. Former world junior champion and Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta won the 19th Commonwealth Chess Championship. He won the gold medal after settling for a quick draw with his opponent Arghyadip Das in the ninth and final round played at Mumbai, Maharashtra. READ MORE
6. Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh disclosed that a Rs 643 crore project for augmenting the water supply to the growing hill city of Shimla had been approved by the union government. READ MORE
7. AIADMK general secretary and Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha returned to the Tamil Nadu assembly on Tuesday crushing the opposition by a record victory margin from the Radkhakrishnan Nagar constituency. READ MORE
For more current affair updates from the month of July click on the following links