News Updates and Current Affairs 18 June
5 Key News Updates – Current Affairs 18 June 2015
1. Sunil Chhetri becomes first Indian to score 50 international goals
India’s most popular footballer and currently the country’s best striker Sunil Chhetri became the 1st Indian Footballer to score 50 international goals on 16th June 2015 in the match played against Guam.
2. Kapil Mishra takes oath as Delhi Law Minister
Delhi Jal Board Vice-Chairman Kapil Mishra took oath as the Law Minister in Delhi cabinet. Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung administered oath of office and secrecy to Mr Mishra in a function organised at Raj Niwas here.
3. Senior IPS officer Archana Ramasundaram has been moved out of the CBI and appointed as Director, National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
4. State owned telecommunications giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced to set up 40,000 Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) hot spots across the country. READ MORE
5. Harbhajan Singh of India became 9th highest wicket taker in Test Cricket on 14th June 2015. He claimed 416 wickets in 102 matches. The highest wicket taker in Test Cricket is Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka who claimed 800 wickets in 133 matches. READ MORE