News Updates and Current Affairs 11 June
5 Key News Updates – Current Affairs 11 June 2015
1. Punjab CM gets Sant Ramdev Award
Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal was recently honoured with the Sant Namdev National Award for promoting peace, communal harmony and universal brotherhood. Speaking on the occasion, Mr Badal said that the Punjab government is looking forward to extend its ties in agriculture, education and cultural sectors with Maharashtra.
2. Scientist Srivari Chandrasekhar named director of IICT
Senior scientist Srivari Chandrasekhar has been appointed Director of the city-based CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), a premier research institute of the Central Government.
3. In what experts hail as a ”significant public health milestone”, India has successfully reached its goal of eliminating maternal and neonatal tetanus. WHO has declared India free of maternal and neonatal tetanus. READ MORE
4. After the arrest of former Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar over the fake law degree controversy, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in New Delhi on Wednesday named the Delhi Jal Board vice-chairman Kapil Mishra as the new Law Minister. READ MORE
5. After fighting tooth and nail with online retailers, the apex body of small traders, Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT), has decided to launch its own e-commerce portal in the next three months.Named ‘e-Lala’, the proposed portal will provide a direct interface between sellers and consumers and there will be no third agency which will be involved in any transaction, thereby eliminating the commission component which the sellers need to pay. READ MORE
Current Affairs for the month of June