IBPS PO Exam pattern change, surprises and more
Why was the IBPS PO Exam pattern so different?
The IBPS Exam got done a few weeks ago and we have been inundated with queries from students who were caught unawares by the difficulty of the exam and the change in the exam’s pattern.
What happened? Why the sudden change? What will happen next? How should one prepare? These questions are on everyone’s mind
While many coaching institutes gave advice to focus only on a few topics and ignore the rest, Studycopter was the only one who advised to prepare all sections and be prepared for any change in the exam pattern. We are very happy to know that the students who followed our advise diligently did well on the exam and feel sad for others who followed random instructions and gyaan from random internet strangers didn’t do to well.
The trick for doing well on an exam (and on anything else in life) is to be prepared for the worst and expect the best. The Studycopter Mock Tests were framed with this ethos in mind:
- Our mock test papers didn’t blindly follow last year’s exam pattern. Our tests had enough variance based on exams from 2008-2014 to allow students to get a feel of different exam patterns (easy, medium, hard) with different question types.
- Banking exams change every year – there is no set pattern. Some years, the change is minor. This year it was major. Hence, it is foolish to expect that the pattern from last year will be blindly repeated this year. It is always advisable to know your weak areas and string areas and attack the exam in front of you – without comparing it with last year’s pattern.
- The questions in this exam (from a single chapter) were spread throughout this exam and not came one after the other – this is another area that we followed in our Mock Tests. This could be repeated in future exams.
- We always students to remain calm and don’t worry if the questions you are confident on don’t come on the exam – just move on quickly. This was apparent when the quadratic equation questions didn’t come on the exam. Many students got puzzled. Don’t be!
Takeaways for future exams
- However, if you didn’t do to well on your exams – don’t worry. SO exams are coming. Clerk exams are just around the corner. SBI exams will be here very shortly. Buckle up, get ready, and prepare for forge new ways in all upcoming exams.
- Be prepared for rapid changes in exam patterns
- Difficulty level of exams is going up
Bets of Luck!