IBPS Clerk Syllabus
IBPS has the mandate from multiple Indian Public Sector Banks to conduct the eligibility exam for selection to these banks. The computer-based exam is termed as the Common Written Examination (CWE) and is held across multiple Indian cities multiple times a year to select candidates for Clerical, Probationary Officer (PO), Specialist Officer (SO), and Management Trainee (MT) roles.
This blog post will familiarize you with IBPS Clerk Syllabus. If you wish to ace the IBPS exams and always stay one step ahead, it is of prime importance to be well acquainted with the IBPS syllabus.
NOTE – Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is going to conduct IBPS PO , Clerk , Regional Rural Bank exam and Specialist Officer exam for a large number of posts but this time IBPS changed it’s exam pattern for Probationary Officer (PO) and Clerk posts. IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk exam will consist of two levels – (a) TIER I (Preliminary) and (b) TIER II (Mains).
IBPS PO and CLERK CWE is an objective type online paper which covers 5 subjects – Reasoning , English Language , Quantitative Aptitude Test , General Awareness Test & Computer Knowledge.
IBPS CLERK CWE SYLLABUS
1. Reasoning – This section deals with logical reasoning questions which involve forming judgments and conclusions from premises or facts. It consists of two parts – VERBAL REASONING and NON- VERBAL REASONING
Verbal Reasoning Topics – Analogy, Odd Man out, Syllogism, word formation, Statement and conclusions, Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments, Passage and conclusions, Coding decoding, Blood relations, Alphabet test, Series test, Number, ranking and time sequence , Direction sense test, Sitting arrangement, Decision making, Input output, Assertion and reasoning, Figure Series etc.
Non Verbal Reasoning :- Series test, Analogy, Odd figures, Miscellaneous test.
2. English Language – This section covers :-
- Vocabulary which includes homonyms, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, word formation.
- Comprehension which involves deriving conclusion, theme detection, passage completion
- Rearrangement of passage, spelling, sentence
- Active passive voice, indirect direct speech
- Phrases and idioms
3. Numerical Ability – The Clerk Numerical Ability section consists of two sub parts –
(a) Arithmetic Topics
- Time & work
- Time & separation
- Profit & loss
- Stocks & shares
- Volume & surface area
- Height & distances
- Permutation & combination
- Simple & compound interest
(b) Data Interpretation Topics
- Visual diagrams
- Pie outlines
- Line charts
4. General Awareness – This section covers Current Affairs with special reference to the banking Industry. Topics include Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Awards & Honors, Sport, Finance, Agriculture etc. History of Banking, current affairs of last 6 months, countries / currencies, Books & Their Authors, Banking Terms, RBI, Fiscal Monetary Policies, banking functions etc.
5. Computer – This section has two subparts – Hardware and Software. Candidates are required to possess basic knowledge and computer operating skills.