2 Key Appointments
1. Industrialist Ajay Piramal will now head the UK-India CEO Forum, replacing former Tata Sons chairman Cyrus Mistry.
2. Praveen Kumar Sharma has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India (CERSAI).
3. Aniruddha Rajput, 33, is among the 34 individuals elected by the General Assembly as members of the International Law Commission, the UN organ tasked with the progressive development of international law and its codification. The newly elected members will serve five-year terms of office with the Geneva-based body beginning January 2017. The members have been elected from five geographical groupings of African, Asia-Pacific, Eastern European, Latin American and Caribbean and Western European states.
4. The World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) has appointed NSE’s managing director and CEO Chitra Ramkrishna as its new chairperson. She is the first woman Chair of the WFE
5. PwC’s head of Strategy, Growth and Brand Leader Shyamal Mukherjee was elected the new chairman of the leading professional services firm for a 4-year term.